Dealing with Muscle Pain or Discomfort? Try Kinesiotaping.
Kinesiotaping®, named for the kinesiology field, utilizes an elastic form of tape that does not restrict motion. Kinesiotaping® involves taping over and around muscles in order to assist and give support, or to prevent over-contraction. Kinesiotaping® affects the activation of the neurological system, the body's information processor and the circulatory system.
Muscles are not only attributed to the movements of the body, they also control the circulation of venous and lymph flows and body temperature. Therefore, the failure of the muscles to function properly induces various kinds of symptoms. Thus Kinesiotaping® is utilized to increase lymphatic drainage, reduce edema and swelling, facilitate muscular contraction, and manage pain.
How Can Kinesiotaping® Help Me?
Kinesiotaping® aids patients with a variety of muscle-oriented issues, including:
- Improving the contraction of weakened muscles
- Reducing muscle fatigue and spasms
- Reducing over-stretching and over-contraction of muscles
- Re-educating muscles through sensory feedback
- Lessening edema (swelling) by aiding the lymphatic system
- Minimizing post-traumatic or post-surgical bruising through improved circulation
- Helping mobilize scar tissue by enhancing glide between tissue layers
- Helping correct joint mechanics by aiding muscle function around the joint
- Relieving pain by activating the natural analgesic system in our skin receptors
We accept as well as cheques
If you're interested in trying Kinesiotaping® to treat a sports injury or condition you have, contact SEMI today. Our trained physicians and physiotherapists are well versed in kinesiotaping and can help determine the best treatment option to relieve muscle pain.
Contact Us Today
We can help with your sports medicine or therapy needs.
Tip of the Month
Remember to stay hydrated in the summer months, especially when performing outdoor activity. Often when we are in the enjoying our time in the water while swimming, water skiing or simply floating we don't realize that we are sweating. Ensure you are consuming water regularly to keep fatigue at bay and promote injury recovery.