Introducing Our New Pelvic Health and Rehabilitation Program!
One of the fastest growing industries in the healthcare world, SEMI recently introduced a new pelvic health and rehabilitation program at our Toronto sports clinics.
Many people are suffering from chronic, pelvic-related health issues, without realizing that there may be a potential treatment for their condition or symptoms.
What's Your 'Pelvic Floor'?
Here's a great video that one of our physiotherapists created to help educate everyone on the importance of the pelvic floor and its function in the body:
At SEMI, we're raising awareness on these conditions and symptoms, and can offer assistance towards your recovery.
The following list of questions is a sample screening questionnaire we would administer to patients that may potentially qualify for therapy. If any of these questions apply to you, you may possibly benefit from a thorough pelvic examination.
Pelvic Health Screening Questionnaire
Screening for Patient with Low Back Pain and Hip Pain
- Do you urinate more than 8 times a day?
- Do you have difficulty initiating urination?
- Do you have burning with urination?
- Do you feel that your bladder is not emptied after you have urinated?
- Do you experience any urine loss (on way to bathroom or coughing/sneezing)?
- Do you feel pelvic pressure?
- Do you have less than one bowel movement every 3 days?
- Do you have to strain or facilitate to have a bowel movement?
- Is your stool lumpy/hard or have cracks on it?
- Do you have pain during or after a bowel movement?
- Do you experience painful intercourse?
- Do you experience pelvic pain, ie. vagina, rectal, penile, testicular, perineal or pelvic?
- Do you have pelvic pain with sitting?
Have you ever been diagnosed with any of the conditions listed below?
- Chronic Prostatitis
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Proctalgia Fugax
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Urethral Syndrome
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Levator Ani Syndrome
- Bladder Sphincter Dysenergia
If you answered YES to any of the above questions, problems with your pelvic floor muscles, fascia, or nerves may be the root cause of your symptoms/pain.
You may be a candidate for an assessment from a physiotherapist with specific pelvic health remedies. The physiotherapist will then administer a comprehensive assessment of your pelvic floor through external and/or internal palpation (vaginal or rectal exam).
We understand that this is a very sensitive and personal topic for many individuals, so we encourage you to talk to us and ask questions if you have any concerns. Here at SEMI, our expert team of physicians and therapists in Toronto are here to help you along with your recovery!
Any further and specific inquiries can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To book an appointment with a SEMI physician or therapist today, booking online is fast and convenient!
|Tags: Lower body Treatment options|